HEALTH AND WELLNESS
100% natural and safe treatment, the benefits of cryotherapy help to decrease inflammation, increase cellular survival, reduce pain and promote overall health. During a Cryotherapy treatment, blood rushes to the core as a survival mechanism in reaction to the sub-zero temperatures and blood becomes very oxygenated and nutrient-dense. Minutes after the treatment, blood rushes back through the body, removing toxins and inflammation and encouraging natural healing.
- Pain relief from joint disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia
- Decreased muscle soreness, spasms and inflammation
- Alleviation of depression, anxiety, fatigue, insomnia, migraines and the effects of stress
- Lowered incidence of colds and flu
- Prevention of conditions like osteoporosis
Although regular exercise and healthy eating are major factors in maintaining a healthy weight, cryotherapy can help, if combined with a proper diet and exercise routine, to burn up to 500-800 calories after each 3-minute session. Repeated cryotherapy can help to reset the body’s metabolic rate and naturally increase the body’s metabolism for up to 8 hours after each 3-minute session.
- Increases circulation and elimination of toxins from the blood and body
- Boosts metabolic rate after multiple treatments
- Resets the body’s natural metabolic level
- Naturally increases the body’s metabolism to burn 500-800 calories the following 8 hours after each 3-minute treatment
SPORTS AND FITNESS
The benefits of cryotherapy for athletic recovery have been seen by pro-athletes, weekend warriors, and competitors of all levels as an effective technique to alleviate inflammation after strenuous exercise and training. Cryotherapy speeds recovery by inducing the natural anti-inflammatory effect of cold on muscles to elevate the body’s ability to recover and reduce post-workout fatigue.
- Reduced inflammation, swelling and pain
- Enhanced energy and endorphin release
- Improved muscle and motor unit activation
- Greater testosterone levels in men
WHAT TO EXPECT
BEAUTY AND ANTI-AGING
Cryotherapy is a safe and natural alternative to achieving anti-aging results without expensive surgical procedures. The benefits of cryotherapy include tightened skin and stimulated collagen production. Cryotherapy increases blood flow to the skin to help reduce toxins and rejuvenate the skin, including the reducing of visible cellulite.
- Improved collagen production which reduces visible signs of aging by helping to even skin tone and reduce cellulite & wrinkles.
- Reduces the damage of oxidative stress by increasing blood flow to the skin and removing unwanted toxins.
- Healthier complexion and the amelioration of skin conditions such as psoriasis, blemishes and acne.
Cryotherapy benefits individuals who are recovering from surgery where reduced inflammation and increased blood flow will assist in reducing recovery times. Consult your physician before beginning cryotherapy treatment.
- Improved post-surgery recovery- up to 40% reduction in recovery time
- Reduced pain & inflammation
- Natural pain relief due to analgesic effects of endorphins released
- Improved circulation to facilitate healing and removal of toxins
What to expect
Cryotherapy session- What to expect? Our trained Cryotherapy staff will greet you, discuss your goals, answer any questions you may have, and describe a cryotherapy session to you. You will then complete and sign the waiver which confirms whether there are pre-existing conditions that would preclude you from a cryotherapy session . We will make sure that you are completely comfortable before beginning session. Next you will be led into a private room, where we will provide you with dry socks, gloves and slippers to wear. Men need to wear cotton briefs or boxers. Women can wear cotton underwear but it is not necessary. Any jewelry or metal need to be removed. Our staff will explain what to expect, then step out of the room so you may undress in private.
Once you are undressed and in your protective clothing, you will step into the cryosauna and ring the bell located inside the cryosauna.
A staff member will come back into the room and start your session. They will then turn on the cryosauna and stay with you, talking you through the entire 2-3 minute process. Privacy is very important to us and only your head is visible throughout the entire session.
Once your session is over, the cryosauna will automatically turn off and the adjustable platform will lower to floor-step level. Our staff member will leave the room, allowing you to exit the cryosauna and get redressed. We will give you complete privacy. Your body will quickly warm back up to normal temperature. You will leave the room, feeling refreshed, energized and happy. This effect is from the endorphins that the brain release and can last up to 8 hours. Continued regular treatment can alleviate symptoms from chronic pain, injuries and medical conditions and most people experience a sound night.